Jun 8, 2009

Strawberry Jam Anyone?

Strawberry Jam


On Saturday, we decided to make some Strawberry Jam with these beautiful strawberries. When I took the picture, I thought they were just too beautiful to eat. But my kids love homemade jam and bread. My kids know it's summer time when we make jam. They were so excited, so we began our work.....






First we core the Strawberries


Then we crushed them, added sugar, pectin, boiled and added to jars. We then pressure cooked them for cold storage (and to share with friends with homemade whole wheat bread).

The Best part of Strawberry Jam...... The sweet taste of summertime!


7 comments:

Matt and Penny said...

Your jam looks so beautiful. I do not have great luck bottling mine so we do freezer jam. I would like to have shelf jam for food storage. If you have any tips let me know.

Semi Granola Mom said...

So yes, you should ship some of that to uh Provo :)
Love delicious!
~C

Donahoe Family said...

As a "friend" I am awaiting my jam and whole wheat bread because that looks AWESOME! :)

Soccer Mom said...

Looks GREAT! We can't wait until we can do Raspberry and Blueberry jam! They are our favorites!!!!

Debbie said...

It looks so yummy! My mouth is watering just looking at the photos! What recipe do you use for bread? I'm always looking for a new one to try.

kris said...

That looks really good!

alisha said...

i love me some yummy homemade jam! i haven't done it in a few years...may have to try it again!